Saturday 7 August 2010

The Time is Never Right

Back before our particular programme came out I thought we might extend the metre wide decking walkway outside our conservatory doors so that my mother could get outside in the fresh air and sun (it was during that hot spell). Dazzle was finally convinced (he says I must think he's superman as I ask him to do difficult things) and managed to pick up some decking for half the normal price from www.edecks.co.uk. The decking was cheap because it was last years and called Dusty Decking. Dazzle made sure they picked out straight peices and they delivered extra lengths as they didn't have the shorter ones we asked for.
So, Dazzle extended the floor space by 3m and I painted it seagrass green, well I would, wouldn't I. Enough wood was left over to box the platform in and Dazzle had the idea to build a shelf on the end for plants so the tops just show above the decking.
All that was needed to was to finish painting the sides, new steps and the lower deck in blue but that hasn't happened because the programme came out and now we don't have the time to finish the painting, paint the vintage table and chairs and sofa, and assemble the patio heater.
Even if we could find an hour - it's raining. Why is it never the right time?

No comments:

Post a Comment